Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

यह है मुम्बई मेरी जान - पहला दिन

French Romans & Countrymen...I have an announcement to make, starting today I will be doing regular postings on the blog. I know this will come as a shock to all and sundry who know me since when it comes to writing a blog, I am the laziest of all but looks like I have to change my gears to bring fresh life to the blogworld. So beware!!! Piyush Aggarwal has arrived. Although what bullshit i will write, that even i dont know so you've gotta bare with me for sometime.



So I am back in the city which I love the most...yes time for some Mumbai Salsa :) I am here for a 4 days visit for my younger brother's interview at Tata Institute of Social Sciences. This is perhaps his last chance to get into a respectable institute. Although I don't care what he will do after his graduation. He has already got admission in ICFAI, Ahemedabad which will ensure that he won't sit idle after April 08 ( which was my mom's biggest worries ) but who knows, may be this can be the one. Odds are quite favorable here since there is one GD and interview. This bugger can surely take other people for a walk when it comes to group discussion but Interview?? That's a tough one. Lets hope for the best.



Anyways, after an amazing last night that I had spend at saurav's place, I was extremely tired and was in no mood to get up early morning & that too on a sunday :( but there was no other way, I had to go. Somehow I gathered all my leftover energies and after 15 mins hard fought battle with the eye lids, finally I won and was raring to go.



When I reached home, Mom was getting too impatient so we had leave early by 11:00 due to which we reached almost 3 hrs before the take off :( .In the last few months, I have kind of become frequent flier and have realized that domestic airports in India are the worst places to wait ( although if somebody wants to sleep, its a heaven, sirf bed lagane ki zarurat hai :)

We reached our guest house which was in Dadar (east),pretty close to the dadar station. It was one of those high-end company guest houses where people come very seldom in the year and it is exceptionally well-maintained. Vasu, who is the caretaker of the place, is a really sweet guy who will give you five star service at the guest house price in mumbai.

It was just 5:30 in the evening so we decided to go to gateway of India which is about half an hour away from dadar. Man-o-man, the taxi walas at this side of the town, given a chance they can compete with the Michael Schumachers of the world with elan, phewwwww! I mean I know that life moves at fast speeds in mumbai, but uske liye do teen logon ko udaana zaruri nahin hai bhai.

As expected, entire area around Gateway of India, was jam packed with people, and mom like a typical delhiwallah started complaining about mumbai, "Yeh bhi koi jagah hai, theek se khade bhi nahin ho sakte, chappal bhi toot gayi" I told her that this is what the true mumbai is, good or bad, take it or leave it. I mean comeon guys, just look around yourself, see the faces of these people who have just witnessed yet another gruelling week at their respective workplaces and they all have come to see the Gateway of India, not because they haven't seen it before, but because this monument has kind of become a fatherly figure for the mumbaikars. You'll find people from all walks of life standing on the same road, in front of the Taj Mahal Hotel and just rejuvenating themselves by eating that lovely mumbai bhelpuri( mom toh ispe bhi complaint kar rahi thi ki he is not giving the spoon ) at the streetside hawker.

After crossing the Gateway of India, I had another tough task up my sleeves, i.e to find new pair of chappals for mom. We couldn't find it anywhere nearby since the main market was slightly away from the gateway. Throughout our hunt for the shop, mom was murmuring something about the place which I didn't liked at all. Finally, we took a taxi and came back to dadar market where she bought a new chappal.

Phewwwww....what a day man! but this is what i love about mumbai, the city never gives u a dull moment. Three cheers to Mumbai!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First First First!!! No grammatical mistakes!!! :P

and Best Wishes for your Second day... waiting!!!!!!! :)

amna said...

thanks for stopping by my blog :)